Is DBS Bank Crypto-Friendly?
Yes, DBS Bank is a crypto-friendly bank in Singapore. This means that they allow customers to buy and sell cryptocurrencies through approved & regulated trading platforms. While they do not have a direct service of their own, customers are able to withdraw or send SGD to MAS-licensed exchanges.
How to buy Crypto with DBS Bank?
The best way to buy Bitcoin and crypto assets with a DBS iBanking account is through the Independent Reserve exchange. They are the most trusted platform in Singapore that offers the fastest and cheapest SGD deposits from DBS accounts.
You can get started in 4 simple steps:
- Visit Independent Reserve and verify your KYC/AML information.
- Connect your DBS Bank account to deposit SGD via Bank Transfer, Bank Wire or Xfers.
- Select the 'trade' button at the top of the screen.
- Input the amount of SGD you want to use and you're ready to buy.
Fees to invest in Cryptocurrencies
The fees to buy and sell digital assets will vary depending on the broker you use. Independent Reserve charges a 0.5% fee for digital asset trading and their deposit and withdrawal fees are among the lowest in Singapore at $2.5 per transaction.
Is it Safe to to Buy Digital Assets with DBS?
It is generally safe to buy cryptocurrency using a bank account, including a DBS Bank account, as long as you take the necessary precautions to protect your personal information and secure your funds.
Here are a few tips to help ensure the safety of your cryptocurrency transactions:
- Use a reputable cryptocurrency exchange: Choose an exchange that has a good reputation and a track record of security.
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA): This adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to enter a code that is sent to your phone or email in addition to your password when logging in or making a transaction.
- Use a strong and unique password: Choose a password that is difficult to guess and not used for any other accounts.
- Keep your software and devices up to date: Make sure you have the latest security updates and antivirus software installed on all of your devices.
- Store your cryptocurrency in a secure wallet: A hardware wallet is generally considered the most secure option for storing cryptocurrency.
It is also a good idea to be aware of the risks associated with buying, selling, and holding cryptocurrency. The value of cryptocurrency can fluctuate significantly, and there is the potential for fraud or hacking.
About DBS Bank
DBS Bank is one of the largest banks in Singapore and serves more than four million customers across 17 markets. They offer a wide range of financial services, including banking, investment products, wealth management, loans and insurance.
DBS has also been at the forefront of digital banking innovation with their award-winning mobile and online banking platforms. In addition, they have also become the first in Singapore to offer cryptocurrency trading services through their DBS Digital Exchange which is available to institutional investors only.
DBS Bank does not offer direct investment in cryptocurrency. However, customers of DBS Bank are able to use their accounts to withdraw SGD and deposit them into a MAS-licensed exchange like Independent Reserve. This allows DBS customers to buy and sell cryptocurrencies with relatively low fees and a secure platform. It is important for all users to take precautions to protect their personal information and secure their funds when investing in cryptocurrency.
Lastly, users should be aware of the risks associated with buying, selling and holding digital assets. With these tips in mind, customers of DBS Bank can confidently invest in cryptocurrencies through a regulated exchange.