Summary: Emirates Islamic Bank clients exploring digital assets must use a sanctioned crypto investing platform to buy or sell tokens like Bitcoin and Ethereum. The bank approves transfers to exchanges recognized by the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) or other regional regulators.
Following a detailed examination of the top options in the Middle East, we determined that eToro is the best choice for Emirates Islamic Bank customers. It facilitates swift AED transactions, which can then be utilized to engage buy and sell over 3,000 cryptocurrencies, stocks, commodities, indices, forex, and ETFs. Additionally, eToro is regulated by the ADGM, guaranteeing a safe trading environment.
- They have received an In-Principle Approval to operate as a crypto broker in Abu Dhabi.
- Buy, sell and trade over 3,000 Cryptocurrencies, Stocks, ETFs and more.
- Instant AED deposits from EIB via bank transfer, and debit or credit card.
They have received an In-Principle Approval to operate as a crypto broker in Abu Dhabi.
Can I Buy Bitcoin with Emirates Islamic Bank?
Yes, Emirates Islamic Bank allows its customers to transfer money from their bank accounts to authorized digital asset exchanges in the UAE. Once your funds are transferred, you can convert them for Bitcoin or other digital currencies. For a secure and transparent investment experience, we recommend selecting a platform overseen by the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) to ensure regulatory compliance in the country.
How to Buy Crypto with Emirates Islamic Bank
The most straightforward approach for Emirates Islamic Bank customers to purchase cryptocurrency is through an exchange approved by the ADGM. Our experts pinpoint eToro as a prime selection due to its adherence to regulations, diverse range of assets, and attractive fee structure. It supports AED deposits via various payment channels, including bank transfers, credit cards, Skrill, and PayPal.
Here's a guide for customers to seamlessly begin trading digital assets:
- Create Account: Initiate by setting up an eToro account and fulfilling the identity confirmation steps.
- Choose Currency: Upon clicking "Deposit Funds", specify "AED" as your preferred currency.
- Transfer Funds: Begin the fund transfer from your Emirates Islamic Bank account or card.
- Buy Crypto: Locate the desired digital asset using the search tool, pick it, and complete your purchase.
Emirates Islamic Bank Cryptocurrency Policy
Emirates Islamic Bank adopts a positive stance on cryptocurrencies, ensuring rigorous adherence to pertinent regulatory guidelines. It empowers its customers to venture through credible platforms. Our suggested exchange, eToro has approval from the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM). Its main office is strategically located in the epicenter of Abu Dhabi's financial hub.
Digital Asset Investing Fees
For those venturing into digital assets with Emirates Islamic Bank, it's vital to grasp the associated fee structures to maximize investment outcomes. Here's a detailed breakdown of the primary expenses you might face on an exchange:
- Trading Margin: These are charges linked to the purchase and sale of cryptocurrencies. On eToro, spreads typically hover around 1% or below.
- Deposit Fees: Some charges might be incurred when adding funds, depending on the selected method. Direct bank transfers from Emirates Islamic Bank usually come without fees, but credit and debit card transactions might see fees exceeding 2%.
- Withdrawal Fees: The costs for pulling out funds differ based on the cryptocurrency. For example, Bitcoin transactions have a set fee of 0.0005 BTC.
In contrast to various market platforms like Coinbase, which can levy up to 5% on deals, eToro's competitive pricing make it a particularly attractive choice for EIB bank account holders.
What is Emirates Islamic Bank?
Emirates Islamic Bank is a leading Islamic bank in the United Arab Emirates. The bank was established in 2003 and offers a range of banking products and services compliant with Shariah principles. Some of the services offered by EIB include personal banking, corporate banking, treasury solutions, asset management, and investment banking.
The bank is regulated by the Central Bank of the UAE and is listed on the Abu Dhabi Stock Exchange. The bank has been awarded several prestigious accolades, including the "Best Islamic Bank in the UAE" by Global Finance magazine and the "Best Retail Bank in the UAE" by The Banker magazine.
To recap, Emirates Islamic Bank facilitates seamless transfers to trusted platforms like eToro, which is recognized for its regulatory compliance, diverse asset offerings, simple interface, and competitive fee structures. eToro is a multi-asset exchange that is available in over 150 countries, including the UAE and supports several languages, such as English and Arabic.