Summary: Santander Bank does not provide integrated functionality for direct cryptocurrency purchases. We advise using regulated platforms for those who are eager to invest in the world of digital assets. The bank permits transfers of British pounds to a number of exchanges that have received approval from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
After thorough research, our conclusion is that eToro is the most reliable platform for this purpose. It’s governed by the FCA and provides users with a safe trading environment and access to a variety of assets, including over 3,000 digital currencies, stocks, and ETFs, all for reasonable fees. The exchange also offers instantaneous deposits in GBP.
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) registered broker with over 30 million users.
- Buy, sell and trade over 3,000 Cryptocurrencies, Stocks, ETFs and more.
- Free and instant GBP deposits from Santander Bank via FPS, bank transfer and credit card.
Don’t invest unless you’re prepared to lose all the money you invest.
Can I Buy Bitcoin with Santander Bank?
Yes, customers of Santander Bank are able to transfer GBP to recognised cryptocurrency exchanges in the UK. Once the deposit has processed, investors can begin building their portfolios by purchasing or trading digital assets, including Bitcoin and Tether. Santander does not directly facilitate crypto trading but approves transactions to regulated platforms. We recommend using one overseen by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
How to Buy Crypto with Santander
The best way for Santander Bank accounts holders can buy, sell, and trade Ethereum and other digital asset purchases through a reliable exchange. eToro's FCA authorisation and access to more than 3,000 different cryptos, stocks, ETFs, and other products make it an ideal platform for this purpose. Deposits made in GBP are accepted through multiple channels, such as bank transfers, credit cards and FPS.
Begin trading thousands of tokens like Solana by following this simple guide:
- Registration: Create an eToro account and complete the identity verification steps.
- Choose Currency: Tap ‘Deposit Funds’, pick ‘GBP’ as your currency and pick a payment method.
- Add Funds: Complete the transfer of funds from your Santander account.
- Purchase Crypto: Go to the search bar, find your desired asset, and finalise your transaction.
Santander Bank Cryptocurrency Policy
Santander Bank promotes financial exploration in accordance with all applicable laws, in keeping with its innovative approach to cryptocurrencies. Our recommended platform, eToro (UK) Ltd, is registered under company number 07973792 and has its registered office at One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB. It is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under Firm Reference Number 583263.
Digital Asset Investing Fees
It is important to understand the fee structure before making any purchases or sales of digital assets on exchanges. Here is a brief overview of potential costs you may face:
- Trading spreads: These are the expenses incurred when buying and selling cryptocurrencies. eToro usually charges variable spreads, which is typically 1%.
- Deposit Fees: The fee for making a GBP deposit varies depending on the method. While debit and credit card fees may exceed 2%, bank transfers and Faster Payments are advised as reasonable alternatives.
- Withdrawal Fees: Depending on the cryptocurrency, different withdrawal fees apply. A fixed fee of 0.0005 BTC is required on the majority of platforms, for instance, to withdraw Bitcoin.
In this regard, customers of Santander Bank who are conscious of costs can take advantage of eToro's competitive fee structure and wide range of asset classes in full compliance with FCA rules.
What is Santander Bank?
Santander is a British bank owned by the Spanish Santander Group. In 1988, the bank established its first presence through a fifteen year partnership with The Royal Bank of Scotland. It acquired Abbey National in 2004, marking the start of its direct commercial activity. The bank functions independently, with a local management team that is solely accountable for the company's operations in the country.
It is one of the largest providers of mortgages and savings accounts in the United Kingdom. Currently, it has 64 corporate business centres and 14 million active users, employing around 20,000 people. Customers' satisfaction with the quality of support placed Santander second among the top high street banks in a moneysavingexpert.com survey conducted in March 2020.
To conclude, Santander Bank provides customers with easy access to resources for investigating the digital asset landscape. Customers can take advantage of a safe and legal trading environment by allowing GBP transfers to FCA approved platforms like eToro. Due to its distinctive features, including its reasonable fees and support for GBP deposits, it is a great option for investors in the UK.