Summary: SEPA is one of the most common payment methods in Europe and is supported on many platforms. To purchase cryptocurrencies you will need to do so directly on a secure cryptocurrency exchange.
Bybit is the best centralised cryptocurrency exchange and offers many features on its platform. Including Crypto Instant Buy where you can purchase Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with SEPA.
Table of Contents
Can I Buy Cryptocurrencies with SEPA?
If you are looking for somewhere to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with SEPA as the payment funding method, you have come to the right place. SEPA is a credit transfer in compliance with the European credit transfer standard. To buy Bitcoin with this payment method you will need to go through a secure, regulated cryptocurrency exchange.
We recommend using Bybit as they are a licensed and regulated centralised cryptocurrency exchange that does not require KYC (ID verification). You can sign up with just an email address and phone number, no ID verification is required unless you intend to withdraw more than 2BTC a day.
How to buy Crypto and Bitcoin with SEPA
Follow the below steps to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with SEPA.
- Step One: Sign up to Bybit (No KYC or Verification required).
- Step Two: On the ‘Buy Crypto’ tab, select ‘Express’.
- Step Three: Input the amount of EUR you want to invest and select ‘SEPA’ as payment method.
- Step Four: Select the token you want to receive and the third party provider you prefer.
- Step Five: You will be redirected to the third party's website, follow the prompts to deposit funds and your crypto will arrive in your Bybit Spot wallet within the hour.
Step Four: Select the token you want to receive and the third party provider you prefer
Step Five: You will be redirected to the third party's website, follow the prompts to deposit funds and your crypto will arrive in your Bybit Spot wallet within the hour.
About Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) is a payment-integration initiative of the European Union for the simplification of bank transfers denominated in euro. SEPA covers both credit transfers and direct debits.
SEPA comprises 34 countries: the 28 European Union member states, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Monaco, and San Marino. Andorra, Kosovo, and Vatican City are also part of SEPA, but they are not EU member states.
According to the latest figures from the European Central Bank (ECB), SEPA credit transfers account for almost 50% of all non-cash euro payments in Europe, while SEPA direct debits represent around 35%.
The benefits of SEPA are numerous:
- SEPA credit transfers allow customers to make fast, convenient, and cheap bank transfers within Europe.
- SEPA direct debits give customers the possibility to make regular payments, such as utility bills or gym memberships, directly from their bank account.
- SEPA makes cross-border payments in euro as easy as domestic payments, which is a major advantage for businesses that trade internationally.
- SEPA also brings greater price transparency, as banks now charge the same fees for SEPA transactions as they do for domestic transactions.
SEPA is regulated by the European Commission, the European Central Bank, and the European Banking Authority.
Is Bybit Safe?
Yes, Bybit is a secure regulated and licensed cryptocurrency exchange based out of Singapore. They have never been subjected to a cyber attack nor have they experienced any hacking incidents.
If you would like to learn more about Bybit, you can read our comprehensive Bybit Review to read about their security, fees and features.