Summary: NatWest does not offer a built-in service for buying cryptocurrencies through its online banking system. However, it does facilitate transfers to authorised exchanges registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). It’s important to understand the bank does not directly support crypto trades or investments but approves transactions to secure platforms. We recommend finding one that accepts deposits in British Pounds to avoid high fees.
Through our rigorous research, we have concluded that eToro is the optimal choice for NatWest Bank account holders. eToro is registered the FCA and provides a legal, secure, and trusted trading environment for British investors. Creating an account with them grants access to an extensive selection of assets, including more than 3,000 coins, stocks, and ETFs, all tradable at competitive fees. This platform also permits fast GBP deposits through a diverse range of payment methods.
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) registered broker with over 30 million users.
- Buy, sell and trade over 3,000 Cryptocurrencies, Stocks, ETFs and more.
- Instant GBP deposits from NatWest via FPS, bank transfer and debit card.
Don’t invest unless you’re prepared to lose all the money you invest. This is a high-risk investment and you should not expect to be protected if something goes wrong. Take 2 mins to learn more.
Can I Buy Bitcoin with NatWest?
Yes, NatWest authorises its customers to transfer GBP to trusted cryptocurrency exchanges located in the United Kingdom. Bitcoin and Solana are among the numerous tokens that can be bought or traded after successfully transferring funds to your selected platform. It’s crucial to note that the bank doesn't facilitate direct trading through its interface. As such, using one registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is vital to ensure a secure environment while exploring digital assets.
How to Buy Crypto with NatWest
UK cryptocurrency enthusiasts looking to purchase tokens like Ethereum can safely transfer money from NatWest to a registered digital asset exchange. We suggest eToro thanks to its extensive selection of financial instruments and strict FCA compliance. Furthermore, it provides a variety of payment methods, including bank transfers, FPS, and debit cards, for swift GBP deposits.
Here are some simple steps that customers can take to begin investing:
- Sign up: Create a free account on eToro using your email address and verify your identity.
- Connect account: To make a deposit, select "GBP" as the currency and click the "Deposit Funds" button.
- Add funds: Select an appropriate payment method and transfer funds from your NatWest bank account.
- Purchase Crypto: After funding your account, search for your preferred coin and finalise the transaction.
NatWest Bank Cryptocurrency Policy
NatWest maintains an open and curious stance that strikes a careful balance between innovation and strict adherence to the law when regarding cryptocurrency. Customers are allowed to access digital currencies through secure platforms registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our recommended exchange, eToro (UK) Ltd., is registered under Company No. 07973792. Its main office is located at One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AB.
Digital Asset Investing Fees
Understanding fee structures while using exchanges is a key component of effective trading. Here are some potential fees users might encounter during the investment process:
- Trading spreads: These are the costs associated with buying and selling assets. For cryptocurrency trades, eToro charges variable spreads that are typically 1% or less.
- Deposit Fees: Depending on the method used, users may be charged a fee to deposit GBP. According to our research, bank transfers and Faster Payments have lower fees.
- Withdrawal fees: Withdrawal fees vary depending on the token. For instance, most platforms would charge a fixed fee of 0.0005 BTC when a user withdraws Bitcoin.
Because of its extensive coin selection, FCA registration, and competitive fee structure, eToro presents an excellent choice for NatWest customers looking for a low-cost and secure investing experience.
What is NatWest Bank?
NatWest Bank, originating as National Westminster Bank in 1968, is one of the major retail and commercial banks in the UK. With its roots tracing back to the early 19th century through its legacy banks, it has become a cornerstone in the British banking sector. Over the years, the bank has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to serving both individual and business customers, consistently evolving its services and offerings to meet changing financial landscapes and customer needs.
As the banking world transitions away from paper solutions, the bank has been at the forefront of technological innovation. With a robust online banking platform and a range of digital services, the bank ensures a seamless and efficient banking experience for its millions of customers, affirming its position as a leading institution in modern banking.
To conclude, NatWest Bank facilitates its customers' entry into the digital asset market by permitting GBP transactions on FCA-registered platforms such as eToro. This ensures that the trading journey of investors across cryptocurrencies, stocks, and ETFs is legal and secure. With its generous fee structure and the ability to deposit in GBP, eToro is a suitable exchange for British clients who wish to enter digital currency markets.