Summary: Macquarie Bank enables its customers to delve into Bitcoin and additional digital currencies by endorsing transactions to ASIC-supervised trading platforms. It's essential to understand that Macquarie does not directly facilitate cryptocurrency trading via its online banking service but aids clients by allowing AUD transfers to approved exchanges regulated by AUSTRAC.
After rigorous analysis of Australia's leading digital asset exchanges, our specialists identified Kraken as the most suitable choice for Macquarie Bank customers. Kraken provides a wide variety of more than 200 cryptocurrencies for trading and staking purposes. Consistent with ASIC guidelines in Australia, this platform allows quick and free AUD deposits through several methods, such as bank transfers (PayID/Osko) and card payments.
- Instant and free AUD deposits from Macquarie Bank via PayID, Osko, bank transfer, credit card and more.
- Trade and stake over 200 cryptocurrencies with industry-leading fees and tight price spreads.
- Founded in 2011 and trusted by over 9 million investors.
Kraken is a registered Digital Currency Exchange (DCE) with AUSTRAC in Australia (ACN 163 237 634).
Can I Buy Bitcoin with Macquarie Bank?
Yes, Macquarie Bank customers invest in digital assets through a trustworthy Australian cryptocurrency trading platform. Choosing a regulated entity under the supervision of the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) is important for maintaining regulatory compliance in the country. These exchanges offer a safe avenue for digital currency transactions.
How to Buy Crypto with Macquarie Bank
If you're contemplating investing in digital assets through Macquarie Bank, we suggest opting for a robust, ASIC-regulated platform, such as Kraken. This platform facilitates rapid and free AUD transactions directly from Macquarie Bank accounts. It offers trading and staking services for a broad range of over 200 digital currencies. Various deposit methods are supported by Kraken, including PayID, Osko, bank transfers, and debit and credit cards.
Here's a thorough walkthrough to guide you through the procedure:
- Account Initiation: Begin by establishing an account on Kraken. Follow the necessary verification steps appropriate for individuals, corporations, or SMSFs.
- Currency Selection: Choose your preferred deposit currency on the Kraken platform (AUD).
- Initiating Deposit: Select your favored payment method (PayID, bank transfer, or credit card) and finalise your deposit.
- Cryptocurrency Acquisition: The final stage involves choosing the cryptocurrency you aim to purchase and validating your transaction.
Macquarie Bank Cryptocurrency Policy
Macquarie Bank has a progressive stance on cryptocurrencies, allowing users to freely send and receive funds from exchanges regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). For instance, Kraken, a reputable exchange adhering to ASIC's regulatory framework, holds official accreditation as a Digital Currency Exchange (DCE) with ACN 163 237 634, and it is easily accessible to Aussie investors.
Digital Asset Investing Fees
If you're considering investing in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum, it's crucial to know the associated fees to make the most of your investment. Kraken has a unique fee structure that can influence your overall earnings. Here's a simplified guide to the key fees you should keep in mind:
- Spot Trading Fees: When you engage in spot trading, Kraken charges a minimal fee of 0.1%. For those interested in futures trading, the maker and taker fees are 0.16% and 0.2%, respectively.
- Deposit Charges: Kraken allows you to deposit cryptocurrencies without incurring any extra fees. However, if you choose to fund your account using fiat money, a nominal fee may be applicable. The exact amount will depend on your chosen payment method, like PayID or a credit card.
- Withdrawal Fees: Kraken offers competitive rates for cryptocurrency withdrawals. The fee varies based on the specific cryptocurrency you're moving. For example, if you're withdrawing Bitcoin, you'll be charged a set fee of 0.0005 BTC.
Kraken's fee structure is already quite competitive and can become even more favorable as you ramp up your trading activity. The exchange also offers reasonable fees for both deposits and withdrawals, making it a compelling choice for traders looking to maximise their financial returns.
What is Macquarie Bank?
Macquarie is a renowned Australian bank that provides various financial products and services. Established in 1969, it's headquartered in Sydney and has grown into a leading global financial institution. Macquarie Bank provides individual, business, and institutional clients services such as personal banking, business banking, investment management, and wealth management.
Operating in more than 25 countries, Macquarie Bank has a strong international presence. The bank has a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service and maintaining a strong focus on risk management. As part of the Macquarie Group, the bank leverages its extensive expertise in various financial sectors to provide tailored solutions to meet the unique needs of its diverse clients.
To conclude, Macquarie Bank is fully committed to aiding its clients who desire to explore and capitalise on the potential of cryptocurrencies via exchanges regulated by ASIC. Although Macquarie Bank doesn't facilitate direct cryptocurrency transactions, it ensures a safe route to digital currency platforms like Kraken. This specific exchange provides many options for AUD deposits and a wide array of over 200 cryptocurrencies.