Summary: BNP Paribas doesn't offer the direct purchase of cryptocurrencies through its banking services. If you're intrigued by the crypto space, the recommended course of action is to establish an account with a credible and fully regulated trading platform. The bank allows the transfer of Euros (EUR) to such platforms to kickstart your investment journey.
Our top pick for BNP Paribas customers is eToro. Overseen by reputable financial regulators, including the AMF, eToro provides access to a broad spectrum of over 3,000 financial instruments, including cryptocurrencies, stocks, and ETFs. The platform also features competitive fees and facilitates quick Euro deposits directly from European banks. This makes eToro convenient and cost-efficient for those interested in digital assets.
- Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) registered broker with over 30 million users.
- Buy, sell and trade over 3,000 Cryptocurrencies, Stocks, ETFs and more.
- Fast and low-fee EUR deposits via Bank Transfer, SEPA, Credit Card and more.
Cryptoasset investing is highly volatile and unregulated in some EU countries. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply.
Can I Buy Bitcoin with BNP Paribas?
Yes, BNP Paribas makes it easy to move your Euros to trusted cryptocurrency platforms in France and Europe. Once your money is in your account on your chosen platform, you can buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other digital currencies. Just remember, BNP Paribas isn't the one selling you the cryptocurrency; they're just helping you move your money safely. If you're excited about getting into crypto, it's a good idea to use platforms approved by well-known financial bodies like the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), so you know your investment is secure.
How to Buy Crypto with BNP Paribas
For investors looking to buy digital assets like Bitcoin and Ethereum, BNP Paribas can be your trusted gateway for a smooth and secure transaction. For an optimal investment experience, we recommend eToro. It's a platform overseen by top-tier financial regulators and offers a wide range of more than 3,000 assets, including cryptocurrencies, stocks, and ETFs. eToro also makes it simple to deposit Euros straight from your bank account and provides competitive transaction fees.
Here's your step-by-step guide:
- Account Creation: First off, set up your eToro account and go through the required identity verification procedures.
- Pick Your Currency: On your eToro dashboard, choose Euros as your preferred currency for transferring funds from BNP Paribas.
- Complete the Deposit: Follow eToro's deposit guidelines to safely transfer funds from your bank account.
- Invest in Crypto: When your eToro account is funded, head to the crypto section, pick the digital currency you want to invest in and confirm your purchase.
BNP Paribas Cryptocurrency Policy
BNP Paribas is becoming more open to the world of digital currencies, even if it doesn't facilitate the direct buying of cryptocurrencies. The bank allows investors to transfer Euros (EUR) to regulated cryptocurrency platforms. If you're interested in crypto investments, select a platform that adheres to financial regulations and provides a diverse range of assets.
For BNP Paribas customers looking for such a platform, eToro is a compelling option. Registered with reputable European financial authorities, including the French Financial Markets Authority (AMF), eToro offers compliance with Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Acts. The platform gives you access to over 3,000 financial instruments, from cryptocurrencies to stocks and ETFs.
Digital Asset Investing Fees
The fee structure is crucial when using BNP Paribas for Bitcoin and cryptocurrency investments. Here's a brief overview:
- Deposits: With BNP Paribas, transferring Euros (EUR) is generally free, unless you use a platform that requires USD as the trading currency, which is then subject to a USD conversion fee. Debit and credit card transactions usually have fees above 2%.
- Spreads: Trusted and user-friendly platforms, such as eToro, offer competitive spreads. You're looking at a 1% spread for cryptocurrencies, which is more favourable than options like Uphold or Coinbase, which can be up to 2%.
- Withdrawals: Typically, you'll be charged a flat $5 fee for moving funds back to your account.
In conclusion, leveraging BNP Paribas for your crypto investments, especially when using AMF-regulated platforms, results in quick transactions, reasonable fees, and a wide range of asset choices.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a French multinational bank and financial services company, headquartered in Paris. It's one of the largest banks in Europe and ranks highly on the global stage as well. Founded in 1848, the bank has a rich history and has diversified its services to include retail banking, corporate and institutional banking, and asset management.
The bank has a significant international reach, operating in 68 countries and employing over 190,000 people. Known for its stability and innovation, the bank has gradually expanded its services to include digital banking solutions and has shown an increasing interest in the burgeoning field of digital assets.
In summary, if you're a BNP Paribas customer interested in cryptocurrency investments, you won't be able to buy digital assets directly from the bank. However, BNP Paribas offers an easy and secure way to transfer Euros to trusted and regulated trading platforms like eToro. The platform is not only regulated by financial authorities such as the AMF but also offers a broad portfolio of over 3,000 assets, including cryptocurrencies, stocks, and ETFs. With reasonable fees and quick Euro deposits, it serves as an excellent starting point for diving into digital assets.