Is it possible to buy Crypto with Swiss Francs (CHF)?
Yes, but the number of exchanges that accept Swiss Francs is limited as it is not a major fiat currency. However, most major crypto exchanges like eToro, Bybit, Binance and Coinbase do support the currency. The best way to buy crypto with CHF is through the eToro investing platform.
eToro is the largest investing and trading platform in the world with over 30 million users in 140 countries. It offers multiple useful trading and investing features such as cryptocurrency staking, CopyTrading, a virtual trading platform and a social media feature where you can discuss trades and strategies with other eToro users.
How to Buy Cryptocurrencies with CHF
The easiest and most secure way to buy cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin with Swiss Francs is through the eToro Europe platform. On eToro, Swiss investors can deposit Swiss Francs via Credit/Debit Card, Bank Transfer, Skrill, Neteller & PayPal. Follow the below steps to buy Bitcoin with Swiss Francs.
- Sign up to the eToro Europe exchange and verify your identity.
- Click ‘Deposit Funds’, pick a method and send money to your eToro account.
- Look for ‘Bitcoin’ in the search bar and select ‘Trade’.
- Input the amount you want to invest and tap ‘Open Trade’.
It is legal to buy cryptocurrencies in Switzerland?
Switzerland has been a leader in the cryptocurrency space since the early days of Bitcoin. The country has often been referred to as a "crypto nation" due to its permissive attitude towards digital assets and blockchain technology. In 2018, the Swiss government released a report that outlined its approach to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
The report acknowledged the potential of these innovative technologies and stated that the government would take a hands-off approach in their development. This policy appears to be working, as Switzerland is home to numerous cryptocurrency and blockchain startups. These companies have been able to thrive in the supportive environment created by the Swiss government.
What are the fees involved in buying crypto?
eToro is one of the best low-cost exchanges in Europe that charges hardly any fees to use its platform. For a high-level overview of the fees charged on eToro, you can refer to the below information.
- Deposits are completely free on the eToro exchange.
- Withdrawals are subject to a $5 fee for every withdrawal.
- Trading Crypto will cost 1% any time you buy or sell a digital asset.
- Trading stocks, indices, ETFs, commodities and currencies are free.
- Inactivity for 12 months will activate a $10 monthly inactivity fee.
Bitcoin Live Price (CHF)
Refer to the widget below for the live price and chart of the cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC), in Swiss Francs.