Can I add Optimism to Metamask?
Yes, you can add the Optimism Layer 2 network to your Metamask wallet because it is an Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible network. This means that Optimism is built with the same programming language as Ethereum, which is called Solidity.
As at time of writing, Metamask supports all 'EVM-compatible' networks which include popular Layer 2's like Optimism, Boba Network or Arbitrum.
How to add Optimism to Metamask wallet
To add the Optimism Layer 2 network to your Metamask account, please follow these steps that have been verified by our authors.
- Download the Metamask browser extension.
- Go on your Metamask wallet and select the 'Add Networks' button.
- Copy and paste the verified Optimism RPC details onto this page.
- Once you input these details and select 'Save' you will be connected to the Optimism Network.
Optimism RPC Details
The details below are the verified RPC endpoints for the Optimism network. Be sure to add these RPC inputs to your Metamask wallet.
- Network Name: Optimistic Ethereum
- New RPC URL: https://mainnet.optimism.io
- Chain Id: 10
- Currency Symbol: ETH
- Block Explorer URL: https://optimistic.etherscan.io
What is Optimism Ethereum Layer 2?
Optimism is a Layer 2 scaling solution for Ethereum. Optimism L2 uses Optimistic Virtual Machine (OVM), an innovative rollup technology that allows for cheaper and faster transactions while maintaining all the key security properties of Ethereum.
What are the benefits of using Optimism L2?
- Cheaper and faster transactions: Optimism L2 uses Optimistic Virtual Machine (OVM), which allows for cheaper and faster transactions than on Ethereum's mainnet.
- All the key security properties of Ethereum: By using rollups, Optimism L2 preserves all the key security properties of Ethereum, including finality and liveness.
- Increased scalability: With Optimism L2, businesses can scale their applications without sacrificing security or decentralization.
Optimism was founded in 2017 and is backed by leading VC firms such as a16z, Polychain Capital, and Paradigm. As of 2022, Optimism has raised a total of $150 million in funding.
Optimism (OP) Price
The chart below is the live price of the Optimism (OP) layer 2 token.
Is Metamask Safe?
Yes, Metamask is the safest and most trusted Web 3 wallet in the digital asset ecosystem. They are the most popular choice to start using the Optimism network and its DeFi applications like Synthetix, Perpetual Protocol, Thales Market, Lyra Finance, and many others.