Summary: Pepe Coin is a new memecoin with a community-focused design, simple tokenomics, and anonymous creators. Launched in April 2023, it has quickly achieved a $1 billion market cap, over 100,000 holders, and listings on major exchanges.
The roadmap includes expansion into merchandise, Pepe Academy, and Pepe Tools to strengthen its brand power in the memecoin sector of digital assets.
What is Pepe Coin ($PEPE)?
Launched in April 2023, Pepe Coin is a new variety of memecoin, distinct from the popular doge or Shiba Inu tokens. Pepe coin, based on the Pepe the Frog meme, saw a surge in retail interest after a meme coin investor's $250 purchase of 5.9 trillion PEPE tokens ballooned to over $1.8 million.
With a stealth launch, no presale, zero taxes, and a burnt liquidity pool, PEPE coin is designed as a community-focused cryptocurrency. This ethos has led them grow from a $100,000 market capitalization to over $1 billion in under 3 weeks, while also amassing a following of over 255,000 users on Twitter @pepecoineth.
Pepe Coin Tokenomics
Pepe Coins' tokenomics feature a simple and transparent structure. The total supply is 420,690,000,000,000 coins, with no taxes applied. A significant 93.1% of the supply is allocated to the liquidity pool, while LP tokens are burnt and the contract renounced. The remaining 6.9% resides in a multi-sig wallet, earmarked for future exchange listings, bridges, and liquidity pools, and can be tracked via the ENS name "pepecexwallet.eth".
Who Created Pepe Coin?
The team who deployed the initial Pepe Coin smart contracts and liquidity pools are completely anonymous. However, the coin is inspired by the Pepe the Frog meme, which was originally created by artist Matt Furie in 2005. It is important to note that the PEPE coin has no official connection with Furie or the original cartoon character.
How Much is Pepe Coin Worth?
Pepe Coin ($PEPE) is valued at a $1 billion market capitalization and is up over 10,000x since launching in early April 2023. The meme coin is now the 50 largest crypto asset on the market, eclipsing prominent protocols like Tezos, Synthetix, Sui, Frax and Curve.
Pepe Coin Roadmap
Pepe Coin's roadmap has seen significant progress, with most milestones achieved. The coin has surpassed 100,000 holders and secured listings on major exchanges such as Binance and Bybit. From the initial launch and securing CoinGecko and CoinMarketCap listings to fostering community partnership, Pepe Coin has successfully completed phases one and two of their plan
The next expansion is into merchandise, Pepe Academy, and Pepe Tools which will further solidify Pepe Coin's presence in the memecoin landscape.
In conclusion, Pepe Coin has swiftly gained traction as a unique memecoin, boasting simple tokenomics, anonymous creators, and impressive growth. With a market capitalization exceeding $1 billion and over 100,000 holders, the coin has established a strong community presence and secured listings on major exchanges.
As Pepe Coin continues to achieve its roadmap milestones and expand into merchandise, Pepe Academy, and Pepe Tools, it reinforces its commitment to maintaining a competitive edge in the ever-evolving memecoin landscape.
Dylan Matthews is the Co-Founder and head of operations at Buy Bitcoin Bank, with a background in engineering and experience as a Prop Trader. He has leveraged his knowledge and skills to build and scale the platform, providing users with a seamless experience for buying and selling cryptocurrency.