Can I buy Crypto with XM?
XM only offers cryptocurrency CFDs (contracts-for-difference) which are extremely risky and expensive to trade. Their platform charges spreads as wide as 2% on coins like Ethereum and AAVE, making them one of the most expensive exchanges in the world to invest in and trade cryptocurrencies.
The XM platform currently offers 31 different Crypto CFDs which are contracts that track the price of the underlying crypto. This means that if you buy these contracts, you cannot withdraw the underlying token or coin into a personal wallet.
How to buy Crypto or Bitcoin with an XM alternative
The best alternative to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, as well as Stocks, ETFs, Commodities, and Forex all-in-one platform is the eToro exchange. They are a globally regulated exchange with over 10 million users in 140 countries. eToro offers fast and cheap fiat deposits, over 6,000 tradable assets, 24/7 customer support, and some of the lowest fees in the industry.
To get started, you can follow our simple 4 step guide:
- Create an account: Sign up to the eToro platform and verify your identity (personal or company).
- Fund your account: Select the 'Deposit Funds' button on the bottom of your screen to deposit USD, EUR, GBP, or AUD via Bank Transfer, Debit Card, Credit Card, PayPal, AMEX or Skrill.
- Find Crypto on eToro: Once the funds hit your account, find the Crypto you want to buy on the eToro platform with their 'Discover' tab.
- Execute your trade: Input the amount you want to buy and execute your trade.
XM is a leading online broker offering trading in over 10,000 financial instruments including forex, CFDs, stocks, futures, and precious metals. With XM you can trade from anywhere in the world with fast and reliable execution. XM offers 24/5 customer support and is available in 30 languages.
XM Group is headquartered in Limassol, Cyprus, and provides trade execution services to its clients in over 196 countries. XM is regulated by some of the world’s most trusted financial authorities including the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
XM offers three account types: Standard, Micro, and XM Zero. Standard and Micro accounts are available in over 30 base currencies, while XM Zero accounts are available in USD only. XM also offers Islamic (swap-free) accounts.
- Minimum deposit: $5
- Minimum trade size: 0.01 lots
- Leverage: up to 1:500
- Spreads: from 0 pips (on XM Zero accounts only)