Can I add Moonbeam (GLMR) to MetaMask?
Yes, you can add the Moonbeam Network to your MetaMask wallet because it is an Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible blockchain. MetaMask currently supports all EVM-compatible networks that support EVM native programming languages like Solidity and Vyper.
While Moonbeam is built on the Polkadot blockchain, it is designed to be EVM-compatible and supportive of the EVM programming language. This is one of the reasons why Moonbeam has been the most successful Parachain on Polkadot.
How to add Moonbeam to MetaMask
To add Moonbeam to your MetaMask wallet, follow our short guide:
- Download the MetaMask wallet onto your browser.
- Go on your MetaMask wallet and select the 'Add Networks' button.
- Copy and paste the verified Moonbeam (GLMR) RPC details onto the Add Networks page. (You can find the verified Moonbeam RPC in the paragraph below).
- Once you input these details and select 'Save' you will be connected to the Moonbeam Network.
Moonbeam RPC Details
The details below are the verified RPC endpoints to add the Moonbeam network to your MetaMask wallet. Please use this information that has been cross-checked by our internal team.
- Network Name: MoonbeamRPC
- URL: https://rpc.api.moonbeam.network
- ChainID: 1284 (hex: 0x504)
- Symbol (Optional): GLMR
- Block Explorer (Optional): https://moonscan.io
Moonbeam is a blockchain platform that enables the easy and secure transfer of data and assets between Ethereum and Polkadot. It is built on the Substrate framework and uses the Rust programming language. Moonbeam is EVM compatible and offers a safe and easy way to transition applications from Ethereum to Polkadot. Moonbeam was founded by David Johnston, Gavin Wood, and Jared Rice Sr. in 2019 and launched in 2020.
Their blockchain network is a great choice for businesses and developers who want to take advantage of the benefits of Polkadot but don't want to sacrifice the familiarity of Ethereum. Moonbeam is also a good choice for those who want to build cross-chain applications that can run on both Ethereum and Polkadot.
Moonbeam (GLMR) Price USD
The chart below is the live price of Moonbeam (GLMR) in US Dollars.