Crypto futures trading is a way for speculators to go long or short digital assets with derivatives contracts. This method enables investors to effectively trade or hedge with up to 100x leverage using stablecoin margin (USDT or USDC) and other collateral types.
We have shortlisted the 5 best crypto futures exchanges based on our research comparing security, fees, trading pairs and liquidity.
- No KYC or personal identification required to trade.
- Trade 400+ cryptocurrencies with up to 100x leverage and 0.01% Maker - 0.05% Taker fees.
- Deepest liquidity and tight spreads on derivatives.
Top Crypto Futures Exchanges
The table below provides a high-level overview of the best centralized and decentralized futures exchanges for digital assets. The comparison reviews the key aspects of each exchange to help determine which platform is best to start trading derivatives contracts.
ByBit is the fastest growing crypto futures trading platform with over 400 coins to trade with no customer KYC or ID verification requirements. They are one of the few exchanges that allows speculators to trade up to 100x leverage on all of the crypto assets listed on their secure and battle-tested platform.
They are the best overall futures exchange for digital assets, with the deepest liquidity and lowest fee structure starting at 0.05% for Taker Orders and 0.01% for Maker Orders. Their platform has become the go-to destination since the recent insolvency of FTX.
You can read our comprehensive ByBit Review for more information.
- Deepest liquidity and tightest spreads
- No KYC or ID verification to trade Crypto
- Available for most countries in the world
- Trade 400+ Cryptos with 100x leverage
- Lowest trading fees at 0.01%
- Not available in the US (can use a VPN)
2. Binance Futures
Binance is a global leader in both Bitcoin futures trading and crypto futures trading. Their platform enables users to trade cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Aptos, Solana and hundreds of other assets against Tether (USDT) with leverage that goes up to 125x.
You can get started with a Binance Futures account in minutes from anywhere around the world and gain access to the best Bitcoin and crypto futures trading platform that any exchange has to offer. Read our Binance Review for more information.
- Good spot volume and liquidity
- Wide variety of cryptos to trade
- Best depth in perpetual futures
- Up to 25x leverage
- Issues around regulatory clarity in many jurisdictions
Phemex is a new derivatives platform that has grown to over 5 million users since being launched in 2019. Their exchange offers deep liquidity on over 150 crypto pairs with up to 100x leverage on their secure and highly performant centralized trading platform. Phemex is widely regarded for its low fees, tight spreads and feature-rich exchange that includes staking, spot trading, options and more.
Another advantage of Phemex is that they do not require verification or KYC to register and trade. This means you can sign up with an email address and password and deposit stablecoins or other digital assets like Bitcoin and Ethereum to start trading.
For a deeper dive, read our extended Phemex Review.
- Low trading fees and deep liquidity
- Trade 100+ digital assets
- Up to100x leverage
- Lend USD and Crypto to earn yield
- Some spot markets can be illiquid
- Requires KYC and verification
eToro is the largest multi-asset brokerage platform in the world. Their platform allows traders to leverage trade cryptocurrencies, stocks, commodities and much more. Their platform is widely regarded for their low fees, fast fiat currency deposits and diverse selection of assets.
One key advantage this platform has over the other in this list is that it allows you to trade crypto stock and ETF futures contracts. Which means you can long or short stocks like Coinbase, Robinhood and Microstrategy that are correlated to the price of crypto assets. Read our eToro Review for more information.
- Widest variety of assets
- Low fees on Crypto, Stocks & ETFs
- Sleek and easy to use app
- Cheap fiat deposits
- Spreads can get wide
- Liquidity and depth is low for larger orders