Home
»
Crypto Banks
»
Buy Crypto with Emirates NBD Bank

Buy Crypto with Emirates NBD Bank

Andrew Chen
Fact Checked
Oct 10, 2022

Summary: Emirates NBD does not currently offer the ability to invest in cryptocurrencies through its online banking platform. That said, they do allow customers to transfer funds into licensed and regulated exchanges in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to buy and sell digital assets.

For investors looking to get started quickly, we recommend the eToro UAE platform. They offer instant and cheap deposits from Emirates NBD Online to buy hundreds of cryptocurrencies and over 8,000 stocks, ETFs and commodities on their secure exchange.

Table of Contents

Best Emirates NBD Crypto Exchange

Platform Highlights

  • Fast and Cheap AED deposits from Emirates NBD Bank.
  • Licensed and Regulated in the UAE to provide broker services.
  • 80+ Cryptos and over 8,000 Stocks, ETFs & Commodities with low fees.

Is Emirates NBD Crypto Friendly?

Emirates NBD is a crypto-friendly bank in the UAE that allows its customers to invest in digital assets through licensed exchanges. The bank has also been working with the UAE’s regulators to develop a framework for regulating cryptocurrencies, which is expected to be finalized by the end of 2022.

How to Buy Crypto with Emirates NBD

As mentioned above, the easiest way to buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana and other crypto assets in the UAE with Emirates NBD is with the eToro exchange. Their platform allows users to connect their Emirates NBD online banking account (personal, private, business, Islamic & corporate) to invest in the thousands of available assets on their platform.

You can get started with the simple guide below:

  1. Sign up to the eToro trading platform.
  2. Select the 'Deposit Funds' button at the bottom of your eToro dashboard.
  3. Select 'Bank Transfer' to connect your Emirates NBD account and deposit funds. You can transfer via bank transfer, debit card or credit card.
  4. Once the money lands in your account, you can buy or sell any asset listed on the platform.
Deposit Funds via Emirates NBD to buy and sell Crypto.

About Emirates NBD

Emirates NBD is a leading banking group in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It was established in 1963 as the National Bank of Dubai (NBD), before merging with Emirates Bank International (EBI) in 2007 to form Emirates NBD. The bank is headquartered in Dubai and has a presence in 19 countries across the globe. As of October 2022, the bank's total assets were AED 561.3 billion (US$ 153.6 billion).

Emirates NBD is one of the largest banks in the UAE and offers a wide range of banking products and services for retail and corporate customers. The bank has a network of over 200 branches and over 1,000 ATMs and self-service kiosks in the UAE. Emirates NBD also has a strong online and mobile banking platform that offers a range of digital banking services.

Emirates NBD

In addition to its retail and corporate banking businesses, Emirates NBD is also active in the areas of investment banking, asset management, private banking, and Islamic banking. The bank has a subsidiary in Saudi Arabia and representative offices in India, China, and the United Kingdom.

Emirates NBD is majority-owned by the Government of Dubai (with a 60% stake) and is listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM). The remaining 40% stake in the bank is held by a consortium of regional and international institutional investors.

Is eToro a Secure Platform in the UAE?

Yes – eToro is a secure platform for buying crypto with Emirates NBD in the UAE. The platform is the world’s leading social trading and investment platform, with over 20 million registered users from over 140 countries.

The company has been operational since 2007 and is regulated by some of the world’s most trusted financial authorities, including the UAE's DFSA,  Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).

Andrew Chen

Former Bitcoin Maximalist turned multi-chain enjoyer. I hunt down the best yields across AVAX, Solana, Fantom and other networks.

Twitter
View Posts