What is METIS RPC Details?
In order to add the METIS network to your MetaMask Wallet, you will need to add the verified RPC information. In order to this, you need to sign in to your MetaMask account and select the 'Add Networks' button. From there, simply input the following values into the boxes highlighted below.
- Network Name: Metis Network
- New RPC URL: https://andromeda.metis.io/?owner=1088
- ChainID: 1088
- Symbol: Metis
- Block Explorer URL: https://andromeda-explorer.metis.io/
What is METIS?
METIS is a Layer 2 scaling solution for the Ethereum network that uses sharding to improve transaction speed and reduce congestion. METIS is being developed by the team at Metis Labs, and is designed to be fully compatible with existing Ethereum applications.
What are the benefits of using METIS?
METIS offers a number of benefits over other scaling solutions, including:
- Increased transaction speed: METIS can process transactions up to 1000x faster than Ethereum's base layer.
- Reduced congestion: By sharding the network, METIS reduces congestion and makes it possible to process more transactions without increasing fees.
- Compatibility: METIS is designed to be compatible with all existing Ethereum applications, making it easy to upgrade to the new network.
What are the risks of using METIS?
METIS is still in development, and as with any new technology, there are always risks associated with its use. However, the team at Metis Labs is experienced and has a good track record, so we believe that they are capable of delivering a high-quality product.
Overall, we believe that METIS has the potential to be a very strong scaling solution for Ethereum, and we recommend keeping an eye on its development.