Summary: LayerZero Labs recently created a 'Testnet Bridge' for Goerli ETH that enables users to bridge ETH from mainnet to the Goerli testnet. To use the bridge you must have an Ethereum wallet like MetaMask or Coinbase Wallet and transfer at least 0.01 ETH in value between networks.
You can continue reading our guide for a step-by-step breakdown of how to get started.
- The only available Goerli Testnet Bridge.
- Developed and maintained by the LayerZero Labs team (Stargate Finance).
- Deep liquidity for ETH to GOERLIETH transfers with minimal slippage.
How to Bridge to Goerli Testnet
To bridge to the Goerli Testnet, there is currently only one option available, which is the Testnet Bridge. This platform has been developed by LayerZero Labs to enhance liquidity for GOERLI ETH. Ultimately, this will simplify the process of obtaining testnet ETH for developmental purposes on the network.
Here is a simple 4-step guide to getting started:
- Visit the Testnet Bridge and connect your wallet.
- Select Ethereum as your current chain and GoerliETH as your destination chain.
- Input the amount of ETH you want to bridge to Goerli.
- Select 'TRANSFER' to complete your bridging transaction.
What are the Fees?
LayerZero does not take or charge any additional fees outside of the Ethereum network gas fees, which are variable and depend on network congestion and the size of the transaction.
What is the Goerli Testnet Bridge?
The Testnet Bridge is a tool designed to help Ethereum developers overcome the challenge of acquiring Goerli-ETH for testing purposes. It creates an open market with immediate pricing for ETH/GOERLI-ETH, which is hosted on Uniswap on both Ethereum and Goerli. The pools are open for the community to LP and trade to achieve real price discovery and equilibrium.
In conclusion, the Testnet Bridge by LayerZero Labs is a helpful tool for Ethereum developers who want to bridge ETH from the mainnet to the Goerli testnet for developmental purposes. The platform is simple to use, and there are currently no additional fees outside of the Ethereum network gas fees.