Summary: QNB does not offer a direct avenue for investing in cryptocurrencies as part of its broad financial services portfolio. For those intrigued by the potential of digital assets like Bitcoin, the recommended course of action is to transfer funds from your QNB account or card to a trustworthy exchange that complies with financial regulations in Qatar.
After evaluating leading cryptocurrency exchanges, we recommend Bybit for QNB customers. Bybit facilitates quick and free deposits in various currencies, empowering you to buy and trade an expansive range of over 850 digital currencies at competitive market rates. The platform also allows for staking, lending, and borrowing across numerous tokens.
- Free QAR deposits from QNB Bank via bank transfer, credit cards and more.
- Buy, sell and trade 850+ cryptocurrencies for low fees via spot and futures trading.
- Regulated and trusted exchange with over 18 million users in the Middle East.
Can I Buy Bitcoin with QNB?
Absolutely, Qatar National Bank enables its customers to transfer funds to accredited cryptocurrency exchanges in the Middle East. After successfully transferring your funds, you can proceed to buy Bitcoin or explore other digital currency options. It's important to note that QNB doesn't offer direct cryptocurrency trading services. For a smooth and secure investment journey, we suggest opting for an exchange regulated by the Qatar Central Bank or QFMA.
How to Buy Crypto with QNB
QNB customers interested in diving into the world of cryptocurrencies can do so with regulated exchanges like Bybit. This makes the process of investing in digital assets both smooth and secure. Bybit allows for deposits in Qatari Riyal (QAR) through multiple channels, including bank transfers and debit or credit cards.
Here's a comprehensive guide on how to buy cryptocurrency using your QNB account:
- Create an Account: The initial step is registering for an account on Bybit. Make sure to complete all the required verification procedures to enhance the security of your account.
- Select Payment Method: Navigate to the 'Buy Crypto' section and choose your desired payment option.
- Choose Your Currency: Decide the currency you'd like to use for your cryptocurrency investment. You can use QAR, USD, or any other supported currency.
- Initiate the Investment: Once you've chosen, select the cryptocurrency you wish to invest in. Input the amount you're willing to invest and finalize the transaction to complete your purchase.
QNB Cryptocurrency Policy
QNB adopts a measured and prudent stance towards cryptocurrencies. The bank allows its customers to engage with trading platforms that adhere to regulations established by credible authorities such as the Qatar Central Bank and the Qatar Financial Markets Authority (QFMA). In a steadfast effort to prioritize client security and abide by legal standards, QNB reserves the right to suspend transactions with any platforms that could jeopardize customer safety.
What is Qatar National Bank?
Qatar National Bank is a leading financial institution headquartered in Doha, Qatar, established in 1964. As the largest bank in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region by assets, QNB offers a comprehensive suite of banking and financial services, including retail, corporate, and investment banking, along with asset management and treasury services.
With a solid footprint, QNB operates through a network of international branches and subsidiaries across 50 countries and three continents. The bank's personalized approach and commitment to service excellence have earned it numerous awards, including being named “The Best Bank in Qatar” by Euromoney magazine for seven years in a row.
To sum up, QNB doesn't offer direct cryptocurrency trading but facilitates secure fund transfers to regulated exchanges like Bybit. Bybit is our top recommendation for QNB customers, offering a wide range of digital currencies, competitively low fees, multiple deposit options, and features like staking and lending. The platform is compliant with Qatar's financial regulations, adding an extra layer of security for investors.