Summary: Citadele currently does not offer direct cryptocurrency trading services as part of its financial offerings. For clients interested in digital currencies, we recommend using a regulated trading platform. It’s important to select an exchange that adheres to stringent regulatory standards, ideally under the oversight of a European financial authority.
Following a detailed examination of the leading European exchanges, we found eToro as the most suitable option for Citadele customers. eToro offers instant EUR deposits, granting immediate access to a diverse range of over 3,000 assets, including cryptocurrencies, stocks, commodities, indices, foreign exchange, and ETFs. Regulated by the CySEC, it ensures a secure and reliable trading environment for its users.
- Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) registered broker with over 30 million users.
- Buy, sell and trade over 3,000 Cryptocurrencies, Stocks, ETFs and more.
- Instant EUR deposits from Citadele through SEPA transfer and credit card.
Cryptoasset investing is highly volatile and unregulated in some EU countries. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply.
Can I Buy Bitcoin with Citadele?
Yes, Citadele's customers can buy, sell and trade Bitcoin by transferring Euros from their bank accounts or cards to certified cryptocurrency exchanges in Europe. After transferring the funds, they can be exchanged for various digital currencies, such as Ethereum and Polygon. We recommend choosing a trading platform that is regulated by a reputable financial authority in the European Union like CySEC to maintain regulatory compliance.
How to Buy Crypto with Citadele
Citadele customers can trade digital currencies through regulated exchanges. After thorough consideration, we suggest eToro for its rigorous adherence to regulatory standards, its extensive selection of tradable assets, and competitive fee structure. eToro accommodates EUR deposits through various methods, including bank transfers, credit cards, Skrill and PayPal. Once your funds are deposited, they can be converted for over 3,000 assets.
For Citadele customers eager to start with cryptocurrency trading, here's an easy guide:
- Account Creation: Initiate by setting up an account on a platform like eToro, ensuring you complete all necessary identity verification steps.
- Currency Selection: When making a deposit, pick "EUR" as your currency of choice.
- Funds Transfer: Proceed to transfer funds from your Citadele account or card to the chosen trading platform.
- Cryptocurrency Purchase: Utilize the search tool to locate the digital currency you wish to purchase, select it, and then complete the purchase process.
Citadele Cryptocurrency Policy
Citadele adopts a cautious yet open-minded view towards digital assets. The bank aids its customers in navigating the cryptocurrency market via exchanges approved by European financial regulators. Our recommended platform, eToro, is regulated the Cyprus Securities Exchange Commission (CySEC), providing a reliable and secure environment for digital asset transactions. Its main office located at 4 Profiti Ilia Str., Kanika Business Centre, 7th floor, Germasogeia, 4046, Limassol, Cyprus.
Digital Asset Investing Fees
Understanding the fee structure for cryptocurrency investments is crucial for refining your investment approach. Here’s an overview of the typical fees encountered on trading platforms:
- Transaction Fees: This is a commission taken by the exchange when buying or selling digital currencies. They are often expressed as spreads and generally remain below 1%.
- Deposit Charges: The cost of adding funds varies depending on the method used. SEPA and bank transfers often come without fees, but credit or debit card deposits might incur charges above 2%.
- Withdrawal Fees: These fees differ for each type of token. For instance, withdrawing Bitcoin might involve a fee around 0.0005 BTC.
Compared to other platforms like Binance, which may impose transaction fees up to 5%, eToro offers competitive fees with multiple free deposit methods.
What is Citadele?
Citadele is a full-service bank headquartered in Latvia and one of the Baltic region's most prominent financial institutions. The bank was created after the split of Parex Bank, which resulted in two institutions, Citadele and Reverta. It provides a broad range of banking services, from personal accounts and business banking to wealth management and insurance.
Aimed at providing excellent customer service, the bank strongly emphasizes innovation and digitization. As a result, since its foundation in 2010, it has rapidly expanded in the Baltic region. The bank is renowned for continuous innovation and integration of new technologies in its offerings. It operates with a strong focus on customer solutions, offering a wide range of products including personal and business banking, loans, and investment services.
To wrap up, while Citadele does not directly offer cryptocurrency trading, it facilitates its clients entry into the world of digital currencies through regulated platforms like eToro. This approach allows Citadele customers to securely engage in cryptocurrency transactions, ensuring compliance with European financial regulations.
eToro, with its extensive asset offerings and competitive fee structure, is our top choice for those seeking to diversify their portfolios into digital assets. Besides crypto, it supports stocks, ETFs, commodities, indices, and fiat currencies with low fees. Citadele's commitment to innovation and customer service is evident in its support for clients navigating the complex cryptocurrency market.