Summary: Buying Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies with a bank transfer is one of the easiest and safest methods available. The only consideration for investors is the specific bank transfer type required for their bank and jurisdiction.
If you are looking to get started quickly, we recommend the Uphold platform which offers both SEPA and ACH bank transfers for investors in Europe and the US. Uphold currently offers over 200 cryptocurrencies and is available in 120 countries with direct bank transfer support.
- Fund Account via Bank Transfer from over 120 countries with Zero Fees & fast deposits.
- Globally Licensed & Regulated exchange and has audited Proof-of-Reserves for customer funds.
- Offers multiple asset classes including 200 Cryptos (and Crypto Staking), Stocks, ETFs, Metals, Currencies and more.
How to Buy Bitcoin and Crypto with a Bank Transfer
The best way to buy Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies with a bank transfer is with a globally licensed and regulated trading platform. As mentioned above, we recommend the Uphold exchange because they hold digital asset licensing from key financial regulators in the USA, UK and Europe which makes them compatible with all major banks.
The guide below is a simple 4-step guide to investing in cryptocurrencies with an ACH or SEPA bank transfer in any country.
- Sign Up: Create an account on Uphold and complete your verification (personal or company).
- Connect Account: Select the currency you want deposit on the Uphold Platform (USD, GBP, EUR, AUD + 30 others).
- Deposit Funds: Connect your bank account to quickly deposit your selected fiat currency.
- Buy Crypto: The final step is to find the cryptocurrency you want to buy and execute your trade.
Bank Transfer Deposit Fees
The fees to complete a bank transfer will vary depending on the specific platform you use. With Uphold, for example, they charge 0 fees when depositing via Bank Transfer. However, they do charge a fee of 2.49% for customers looking to deposit via Debit Card or Credit Card.
Best Alternative Exchanges for Bank Deposits
For investors looking to do further due-dilligence, we have outline the 5 best alternative crypto asset exchanges to invest with a Bank Transfer.
- Coinbase - Coinbase is a leading exchange to buy and sell cryptocurrencies with bank transfers & credit cards. They are the largest US based cryptocurrency exchange and has been operational since 2012.
- Binance - Binance is one of the world's most popular trading platforms for buying and selling digital assets. Their service allows users to buy Bitcoin, Ethereum and other digital coins with a bank transfer in most countries globally.
- Bitbuy - Bitbuy is one of Canada's largest cryptocurrency exchanges, founded in 2013. They offer the ability to purchase over 50 digital assets using CAD with Bank Transfer & Credit/debit card payments.
- Kraken - Kraken is a top US based exchange that offers low fees and supports the purchase of Bitcoin and Ethereum with a bank transfer in most countries.
- Coinmama- Coinmama is a well established crypto asset exchange, founded in 2013. They offer high buying limits and support Bank Transfer payments for customers looking to buy cryptocurrencies.
Is Buying Crypto with a Bank Transfer Safe?
Buying Bitcoin and other digital assets with a bank transfer is safe, if your bank is crypto-friendly. Fortunately, since the institutionalization of cryptocurrencies, most major banks have started to take a positive stance toward the asset class. This means that you should be able to easily deposit funds into regulated platforms like Uphold, Coinbase or Kraken.
Even if your bank is not currently crypto-friendly, there are a few workaround methods you can use to buy digital assets with a bank transfer. The most common method is to use an intermediary service like Paypal or Skrill that allows you to easily convert your fiat currency into Bitcoin or Ethereum.
Buying Bitcoin and Crypto with a Bank Transfer is a great way for individuals and institutions to invest in digital assets. However, it is important that you use a trusted exchange with the correct licenses and regulatory oversight.
The Uphold exchange offers investors direct support for bank transfers along with the flexibility to buy, sell and securely stake or store major cryptocurrencies. With no deposit fees and the ability to purchase over 250 digital assets, Uphold is a great option for individuals or institutions looking to buy crypto with a bank transfer.