Summary: Amazon does not directly offer support for Amazon Credit Card holders to buy Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies through their platform. This means that Amazon card holders will need to find a licensed and regulated exchange in the USA that accepts Amazon/VISA credit card deposits to buy and sell crypto.
Our top pick for credit cards in the USA is Uphold. Their platform offers instant and cheap Amazon VISA Card deposits to buy and sell over 250 cryptocurrencies with zero trading fees. Uphold is licensed by FinCEN in the US and is trusted by over 10 million investors.
- Fast and cheap USD Deposits from an Amazon Credit Card to trade 250+ crypto assets.
- Regulated by the FinCEN & SEC in the USA with audited Proof-of-Reserves.
- Trusted by over 10 million retail and institutional investors in the United States.
Can you use an Amazon Credit Card to buy Crypto?
Yes, it is possible to purchase cryptocurrency using an Amazon Credit Card in the USA, as long as the exchange you are using accepts VISA credit card deposits. Just make sure to check the fees and terms and conditions associated with using a credit card for your purchases, as some exchanges may charge additional fees for this method of payment.
How to Buy Crypto with Amazon Credit Card
As outlined above, the safest and easiest way to buy Bitcoin and crypto assets with an Amazon Credit Card is through a regulated exchange like Uphold. With this method, users can safely deposit US Dollars (USD) to trade over 250 cryptocurrencies with low fees in a safe and regulated environment.
Here is a simple 4 step guide to getting started:
- Sign Up: Create an account on Uphold and complete your verification (personal or company).
- Connect Account: Select the currency you want deposit on Uphold (USD + 30 more).
- Deposit Funds: Connect your Amazon Credit Card by inputting your Card Number and CVV and deposit any amount up to $5,000 per day.
- Buy Crypto: The final step is to find the crypto you want to buy and execute your trade.
What are the Fees with an Amazon Card?
The fees to deposit USD with an Amazon Credit Card are the same regardless of the exchange you use at 3.99% per transaction. This is because the card issuer, not the exchange, charges a fee for every deposit. That said, Uphold’s fees are also significantly lower than other exchanges when it comes to buying and selling crypto assets. The commission per trade is 0% and there are no maker or taker fees for converting between different currencies on their platform.
In conclusion, using an Amazon Credit Card to purchase cryptocurrency is a convenient and accessible option for those looking to enter the crypto market. With the option of using a trusted and regulated platform like Uphold, Amazon Credit Card holders can safely deposit funds and trade a wide variety of cryptocurrencies with low fees. While there may be additional fees associated with using a credit card, it's important to carefully review the terms and conditions of your chosen exchange before making a purchase.