Summary: Most popular exchanges like Coinbase and Binance do not offer any way to invest in digital assets with eBay Gift Cards and alternative gift cards.
The only way to buy Crypto and Bitcoin with an eBay Gift Card is through a peer-to-peer exchange like Paxful. You can follow our detailed guide to get started safely in minutes.
- Fast and Cheap fiat deposits from eBay Gift Cards.
- Buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum and USDT for low fees.
- Most trusted P2P exchange in the world with over 2 million users.
How to buy Crypto with eBay Gift Card
The first thing you'll need to do is find a reputable cryptocurrency exchange that accepts eBay gift cards. Not all exchanges do, so it's important to find one that does. Once you've found a suitable exchange, you'll need to create an account and verify your identity.
We recommend Paxful, because they are one of the only platforms that accept Ebay Gift Card's to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Their platform is a P2P exchange that will connect you with a seller that accepts Ebay Cards as payment.
To get started, follow this guide:
- Step 1: Sign up to the Paxful P2P Exchange.
- Step 2: Select 'eBay Gift Card' as your Payment Method on the table on the left side of your screen and filter through your choices.
- Step 3: Once you find a reputable seller, click on their name or the 'Buy' button.
- Step 4: Now follow the payment steps and buy Bitcoin with your eBay Gift Card. Paxful will escrow your Gift Card details and the sellers Bitcoin so both parties are safe in the transaction.
- Step 5: Once the transaction is confirmed, you will need to input a destination BTC address to receive the funds. You should receive the Bitcoin for your eBay Gift Card after 10-20 minutes.
Is Buying Crypto with eBay Gift Card Safe?
Buying Bitcoin and cryptocurrency with an eBay Gift Card is not a very safe option, unless you use a P2P exchange like Paxful or Local Bitcoins. This is because eBay Gift Cards are non-redeemable, so if you try to swap that value for BTC with a random person - they can scam you without reprecussion.
Peer-to-peer platforms like Paxful or Local Bitcoins are helpful for eBay cards because they escrow your details, and the Bitcoin from the seller. This means that both parties will only be paid out when each person fulfills their duty under the terms of the swap.
eBay Gift Card Bitcoin Fee
If you are looking to buy Bitcoin with an eBay Gift Card with Paxful, you can expect to pay around %1 in trading fees. Paxful and other P2P platforms charge a 1-2% fee to escrow the funds of each party. Paxful is on the lower-end of platform fees with a 1% flat charge for traders.
What is an Ebay Gift Card?
An Ebay Gift Card is a physical or digital card that can be used to purchase items on Ebay.com. Cards can be purchased in denominations of $25, $50, $100, and $250. Physical cards can be redeemed online or in-store, while digital cards can only be redeemed online.
There is no limit to the number of items that can be purchased with an Ebay Gift Card, but funds cannot be withdrawn from the card or used to purchase other gift cards. Cards expire 10 years from the date of purchase.
To use an Ebay Gift Card, simply add items to your cart and proceed to checkout. On the payment page, select "Gift Card" as your payment method and enter the 16-digit code found on the back of the card (or in the email for digital cards). The amount of the gift card will be applied to your order total and you can then complete checkout using another form of payment for any remaining balance.
Using an eBay Gift Card to purchase Bitcoin can be a time-consuming process, but it's worth considering if you're looking for another way to buy cryptocurrency. We recommend using Paxful as they are one of the only P2P platforms that accept eBay Gift Cards as payment. Make sure to research any seller before submitting your gift card details and always take all necessary security precautions to protect yourself. With the right approach, you can easily buy Bitcoin using an eBay Gift Card. Good luck!