Summary: Bankinter clients can easily buy, sell and trade cryptocurrency by transferring Euros to a secure digital asset exchange. We recommend using one that adheres to the regulations set out by the Bank of Spain or relevant financial authorities. To clarify, the bank does not directly provide trading services through its interface but approves transactions to licensed platforms.
After conducting an in-depth analysis of multiple platforms, we have identified eToro as the number one option thanks to its robust trading environment. It provides access to a diverse portfolio of over 3,000 digital assets, stocks, ETFs, indices, and commodities with competitive rates. eToro supports EUR deposits and instantly credits them to your account so you can trade straight away.
- Bank of Spain registered crypto broker with over 30 million users.
- Buy, sell and trade over 3,000 Cryptocurrencies, Stocks, ETFs and more.
- Instant Euro deposits from Bankinter via bank transfer, debit card and credit card.
Cryptoasset investing is highly volatile and unregulated in some EU countries. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply.
Can I Buy Bitcoin with Bankinter?
Absolutely, Bankinter account holders can buy and trade digital currencies, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, through trustworthy cryptocurrency investing platforms in Spain. It's essential to opt for an exchange that aligns with Bank of Spain regulations to guarantee both legal compliance and the security of your funds. Once you've transferred your Euros from your Bankinter account, you can easily convert them for various digital assets like Cardano.
How to Buy Crypto with Bankinter
For those banking with Bankinter and interested in exploring the world of digital assets, we suggest opting for a secure and regulated exchange. Our analysis highlights eToro as the best choice, thanks to its adherence to Bank of Spain guidelines and its broad selection of over 3,000 tradeable assets at competitive fees. The platform accommodates Euro deposits through various means, including bank or SEPA transfers, PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, and credit or debit cards.
To begin your foray into digital asset investment, adhere to these straightforward steps:
- Create Account: Sign up for an eToro account and fulfill the required identity verification procedures.
- Select Currency: Navigate to "Deposit Funds" and pick "EUR" as your currency of choice.
- Initiate Transfer: Choose a payment method that suits you and begin a transfer from your Bankinter account.
- Complete Purchase: Use the search feature to find the digital asset you wish to invest in and finalize your acquisition.
Bankinter Cryptocurrency Policy
Bankinter is dedicated to fostering financial innovation, all while rigorously complying with applicable Spanish regulations. The bank allows its customers to engage in digital asset trading through exchanges overseen by the Bank of Spain. For your investment endeavors, we suggest considering eToro, a platform overseen by various European regulatory bodies, such as the Bank of Spain and the CySEC. Their primary headquarters is located at 4 Profiti Ilia Street, Germasogeia, Limassol, Cyprus.
Digital Asset Investing Fees
Before diving into the realm of digital assets, it's crucial to be aware of the different fees you might face when using a trading platform. Here's a breakdown of the most frequent costs you could encounter:
- Transaction Fees: Platforms like eToro generally levy a moderate fee, often around 1%, for each purchase or sale transaction involving a digital currency.
- Deposit Fees: The expense of adding funds to your account can vary depending on your chosen payment method. Bank and SEPA transfers from Bankinter are usually free of charge, whereas credit or debit cards may incur fees of up to 2%.
- Withdrawal Costs: The charge for withdrawing your digital assets is contingent on the specific cryptocurrency. Many platforms maintain a standard fee of 0.0005 BTC for Bitcoin withdrawals.
eToro provides access to a wide range of digital currencies at competitive rates, making it a trustworthy option for Bankinter clients.
What is Bankinter?
Bankinter, S.A. is a commercial bank based in Spain, known for its innovative approach to banking. It was established in June 1965 as a Spanish industrial bank through a joint venture by Banco Santander and Bank of America. In 1972, it became fully independent of its founders and transformed into a commercial bank. The bank offers a comprehensive range of banking and financial services, including retail banking, corporate banking, and investment banking.
It provides services such as checking and savings accounts, mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, and investment services to individuals. For businesses, Bankinter offers products and services such as business accounts, business loans, merchant services, and asset management. Notably, Bankinter has been a pioneer in digital banking in Spain.
To summarize, Bankinter users keen on entering the digital asset market should use eToro. Its compliance with multiple European regulatory bodies, including the Bank of Spain, adds an extra layer of trust and security to your trading activities. The platform offers a diverse portfolio of over 3,000 digital assets, stocks, ETFs, and more, all at competitive fees. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced trader, eToro's user-friendly interface and unique features like copy trading make it an ideal choice.