How to buy Crypto with Samsung Pay
To buy Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies using Samsung Pay, you'll need to have a Samsung smartphone and the Samsung Pay app installed. You'll also need to have an account with a supported exchange or platform. Once you've met all of these requirements, you're ready to start buying crypto with Samsung Pay.
We recommend the Bybit platform to buy Crypto with Samsung Pay because they offer low fees to buy over 400 different cryptocurrencies. To get started, follow our simple guide:
- Sign up to the Bybit platform from any country.
- Select 'Buy Crypto' in your Navigation Menu, then click 'Express'.
- Once you're on the Express Trade screen, select the Cryptocurrency you want to buy and the Fiat currency you want to spend. Also select Samsung Pay as your Payment Method.
- You will then be taken to a list of vendors connected to Bybit that accept alternative payment options like Apple Pay or Samsung Pay. Select the platform with the cheapest USD/BTC rate, or whatever coin you are buying.
- Follow the prompts provided after that step and you will be able to buy Crypto with Samsung Pay in minutes.
Samsung Pay Crypto Fees
When you buy Bitcoin and other digital assets with Samsung Pay through an alternative provider, you can expect to pay up to 1% in fees. We prefer Bybit as a platform for Samsung Wallet & Samsung Pay because their highest fees are 0.5% per deposit and swap.
Is Buying Bitcoin with Samsung Pay Safe?
Yes - buying Bitcoin with Samsung Pay is safe on large and trusted exchanges like Bybit or Coinbase. We do recommend that once you buy your coins, you withdraw them onto a cold hardware wallet like a Ledger or Trezor. You never want to leave your cryptocurrencies on hot wallets through exchanges.
What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is a contactless mobile payment system developed by Samsung Electronics that lets users make payments using compatible phones and other Samsung-produced devices. Samsung Pay uses near field communication (NFC) and magnetic secure transmission (MST) to make payments. It is similar to services such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Microsoft Wallet.
Samsung Pay was launched in South Korea on August 20, 2015, and in the United States on September 28, 2015. As of February 2017, Samsung Pay is available in 24 countries and works with over 500 bank partners. Samsung plans to eventually make the service available in all countries where Samsung Electronics operates.
Using Samsung Pay to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is quick, secure, and convenient. As the industry further matures and more exchanges begin to accept these alternative payment methods, it will become easier for users around the world to purchase digital assets without traditional banking systems. For now, Bybit remains one of our favorite platforms to use with Samsung Pay.