How to Bridge from Solana to Avalanche
The process to bridge from SOL to AVAX, or from AVAX to SOL is incredibly easy thanks to the Portal Bridge by Wormhole. This bridge allows users to seamlessly transfer tokens like AVAX, ETH, SOL, BTC or stablecoins between the Solana and Avalanche networks for very low fees.
To get started, follow our simple guide:
- Download a Metamask Wallet and Solana Wallet (like Sollet or Phantom) and visit the Portal Bridge cross-chain DEX.
- Select Solana (SOL) or Avalanche (AVAX) as your current chain, and the opposite network as your destination chain.
- Select the token that you want to bridge between SOL and AVAX.
- Input the amount of tokens that you want to bridge between Solana and Avalanche.
- Confirm the transaction to bridge your tokens to the other network.
Is Solana or AVAX better for DeFi?
As at time of writing, Avalanche has more Decentralized Finance applications and more total value locked across their network. In our view, they are the superior chain for DeFi, GameFi and NFTs. For an extended comparison read our AVAX vs Solana guide.
AVAX to SOL Bridging Fees
Fortunately for cross-chain bridgers, both AVAX and Solana are very cheap networks to transact on and to bridge between. In order to move tokens from one chain to the other via Portal Bridge, users can expect to pay a maximum of $5 USD per transaction.
Portal Bridge is the cheapest way to move tokens between Avalanche and SOL, so we recommend sticking with this cross-chain DEX.
Is Portal Bridge Safe?
While Portal Bridge is safe, it is pertinent to note that they have suffered a hack for over $100 million previously. The damage for this hack was backstopped by Jump Crypto who is the primary investor for this product. This means that they will likely backstop future issues if they arise.
The Portal Bridge is one of the most convenient and affordable ways to bridge tokens between Solana and Avalanche networks. While other methods exist, none come close to providing such low fees or as seamless a user experience. We recommend using this cross-chain DEX for all your bridging needs.