Bridge AVAX to Metis
The best way to bridge between Avalanche and Metis is by going through a cross-chain bridging protocol like Synapse. We recommend using Synapse as they have the quickest turnaround taking only 30 seconds to bridge between blockchains. Whereas most bridging protocols can take anywhere between 5 - 30 minutes.
Synapse currently supports bridging between the following networks - Ethereum, Terra, Avalanche, Arbitrum, Aurora, BNB Chain, Boba Network, Cronos, DFK Chain, Fantom, Harmony, Polygon, Metis, Moonbeam, Moonriver & Optimism.
How and Where to Bridge from AVAX to Metis
The easiest and most affordable way to bridge between AVAX to Metis is by going through a trusted cross-chain DEX that facilitates swaps between the Avalanche C Chain and the Metis L2. Synapse is by far the best bridging protocol due to its quick transactions and affordable fees.
Their platform will allow you to transfer USDC, USDT, DAI & WETH.e from Avalanche but you can only receive USDC or ETH on Metis.
- Visit the Synapse Dapp and connect your Metamask Wallet
- Select Avalanche C Chain as current network and Metis network as destination
- Select the token (we use USDC below) you want to transfer from AVAX to Metis
- Input the token amount
- Approve and finalize the transaction (it will arrive in your wallet a minute)
How to add METIS to your Metamask Wallet
To view your bridged funds in your Metamask wallet, you will need to add the RPC information. To do so, simply click 'Networks' and 'Add Network' you will then be redirected to the Custom RPC page, input the below details to add Metis to your Metamask wallet.
The Metis Custom RPC is as follows:
- Network Name: Metis Network
- New RPC URL: https://andromeda.metis.io/?owner=1088
- ChainID: 1088
- Symbol: Metis
- Block Explorer URL: https://andromeda-explorer.metis.io/
AVAX to Metis Bridging Fees
When bridging between Avalanche and Metis there are two fees you need to consider. The first is the transaction fee on Metis which is a flat $5 USDC fee, no matter how much you send. The second is the actual bridging fee which is typically between $1 - $5 USD.