Summary: The best bridge from Avalanche AVAX to Optimism is the Synapse Protocol. Their multi-chain bridge enables fast and cheap transfers to move ETH, USDC, USDT or other tokens from Avalanche to the Optimism L2.
Continue reading our guide below for more information.
- Fastest and most trusted Avalanche to Optimism cross-chain DEX.
- Lowest fees and slippage for cross-chain swaps (WETH, USDT & USDC).
- Synapse's Optimism bridge has the most trading volume in DeFi.
How to Bridge from AVAX to Optimism
The best way to bridge from AVAX to Optimism is through a trusted cross-chain DEX that facilitates swaps between the Avalanche C Chain and the Optimism L2. We recommend the Synapse Protocol for the lowest fees, fastest transfers and lowest slippage between chains.
Their platform will let you transfer USDT, USDC, DAI or ETH from AVAX to Optimism in 5 simple steps:
- Visit the Synapse Dapp and connect your Metamask Wallet or Web 3 Wallet.
- Select Avalanche C Chain as your current network and Optimism as destination.
- Select the token you want to transfer from AVAX to Optimism and input the token amount.
- Approve and finalize the transaction (it will arrive in your wallet in 2 minutes)
Avalanche to Optimism L2 Transfer Fees
When you transfer tokens from AVAX to OP L2, you will pay a maximum of $2 in total. This is because the Avalanche C Chain has very cheap transaction fees thanks to their novel conensus mechanism. The bridge back to AVAX from Optimism will also be $2 via Synapse.
Optimism RPC Information
To view the newly bridged funds on your Optimism Web 3 Wallet, you will need to add the RPC information. This will allow your Wallet to pick up and scan the Optimism network to update you with how much funds you have in your account.
The Optimism RPC is as follows:
- Network name: Optimistic Ethereum
- RPC URL: https://mainnet.optimism.io
- Chain ID: 10
- Currency: ETH
- Explorer: https://optimistic.etherscan.io
Is AVAX or Optimism better?
AVAX is a more secure chain because they are their own base network and L1 with thousands of network validators. Optimism as a L2 network are still quite centralized, but will be airdropping a token soon to help distribute governance.
Optimism currently presents an exciting opportunity because they will be the first L2 to airdrop a token and announce an incentives program. This will bootstrap the network in the same way Avalanche Rush did for AVAX.
To bridge from Avalanche AVAX to Optimism, the Synapse Protocol is the recommended cross-chain DEX for fast and affordable transfers of tokens like ETH, USDC, and USDT. With Synapse, you can transfer your tokens in just five simple steps and for a maximum fee of $2. Adding Optimism RPC information to your wallet will allow you to view your newly bridged funds on the Optimism network. While AVAX is a more secure base network, Optimism presents an exciting opportunity with their upcoming token airdrop and incentives program.