What is the Avalanche Core Wallet?
The Core Wallet is a new Web3 wallet for the Avalanche ecosystem that was designed and developed by Ava Labs. It was released on the 23rd of June following an announcement by the official Avalanche team via Medium.
Core is an all-in-one Web3 wallet that allows users to interact with AVAX native Dapps, DeFi GameFI, NFTs, Bridges, Subnets, and more. Other key features underpinning the new wallet include:
- Native Bridge that is compatible with Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum erc-20 tokens.
- In-built DEX that will allow you to swap hundreds of tokens.
- Ledger wallet compatibility.
- Portfolio dashboard to track your investments.
- Hold and manage NFTs native to the Avalanche C Chain.
How to download AVAX Core Wallet
The fastest and safest way to download the AVAX Core wallet is:
- Download the Core Wallet from the official Google Chrome web store.
- Install Avalanche Core onto your Chrome browser.
- Open the browser extension and save your Private Keys as provided to you by the wallet.
- Send Avalanche (AVAX) tokens to the account and start interacting with Web3 on the network.
Avalanche Core NFT Wallet
The Core wallet also has an in-built NFT and collectible dashboard that lets you monitor all of your NFTs through one slick user interface. Core also allows users to send and receive NFTs directly through the browser extension, which is a significant improvement to the clunky user experience on Metamask.
About Ava Labs
Ava Labs is the foundation behind the Avalanche blockchain that is led by Emin Gun Sirer and Kevin Sekniqi. They are a group of Cornell University computer science engineers, professors, and PHDs that are experienced in developing financial and cryptographic software.
The Ava Labs company has been funded by Andreesen Horowitz, Polychain, Naval Ravikant, and many other highly sophisticated investors.
The AVAX Core wallet is a great addition to the Avalanche blockchain and provides users with a much-needed non-custodial Web3 wallet. The Core Wallet allows users to access DeFi, NFTs, and Gamefi right from their Chrome browser. If you want to get started with using AVAX Core, make sure to follow the steps outlined in this guide and you will be ready to start using Web3 on Avalanche.