In this guide, we outline the safest and easiest way to add the zkSync Ethereum Layer 2 network to your MetaMask Wallet.
Connect your MetaMask to the zkSync v2 test net in minutes with the verified RPC details outlined below.
Table of Contents
Can I add zkSync to MetaMask?
Yes, the zkSync rollup is compatible with Ethereum and the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) which means it is supported by MetaMask. ZK Sync is a Layer 2 solution for scaling the Ethereum network. zkSync uses zero-knowledge proofs to allow users to transfer ETH and ERC20 tokens without needing to wait for on-chain confirmations.
How to add zkSync to MetaMask
To add the zkSync Layer 2 network to your MetaMask account, please follow the steps outlined below that contain the verified RPC details.
- Download the MetaMask browser extension.
- Go on your MetaMask wallet and select the 'Add Networks' button.
- Copy and paste the verified zkSync RPC details onto this page (find details below).
- Once you input these details and select 'Save' you will be connected to the zkSync Network.
zKSync RPC Details
The RPC details for zkSync Alpha Testnet Network for MetaMask:
- Network Name: zkSync alpha testnet
- New RPC URL: https://zksync2-testnet.zksync.dev
- Chain ID: 280
- Currency Symbol(Optional): ETH
- Block Explorer URL(Optional): https://zksync2-testnet.zkscan.io/
What is zkSync?
ZkSync is a Layer 2 solution for scaling the Ethereum network. zkSync uses zero-knowledge proofs to allow users to transfer ETH and ERC20 tokens without needing to wait for on-chain confirmations. Zero-knowledge proofs are a way of proving something is true without revealing any additional information beyond what is being proven.
For example, a user could prove they own a certain token without revealing their balance. This is possible because zkSync breaks up transactions into small "chunks" called ultraviolet rays (UVRs). These UVRs are then bundled together and only the final result is published on-chain.
If you want to learn more about the zkSync wallet, read our extended MetaMask Review.