Can I add Harmony Network to Metamask Wallet?
The Harmony One network can be added to a Metamask wallet because its blockchain is compatible with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). This means that the Harmony blockchain was built and written in the same programming language as Ethereum, which is called Solidity.
The Metamask web 3 wallet currently supports all Layer 1 and Layer 2 blockchains that are written in the Solidity programming language, and are ultimately EVM-compatible.
How to add Harmony One network to Metamask
You can add the Harmony One network to Metamask with this simple guide:
- Download Metamask Wallet onto your browser.
- Select the Metamask extension and click 'Add Networks'.
- Add the verified RPC details (which you can find below) onto the page shown after you select the 'Add Networks' button.
- Confirm the Harmony One RPC details and finalize adding the network to begin using the Harmony blockchain.
Harmony MetaMask RPC Details
The following details are the verified Harmony One (ONE) RPC endpoints.
- Network name: Harmony Mainnet
- RPC URL: https://api.harmony.one
- Chain ID: 1666600000 (shared 0)
- Currency: ONE
- Explorer: https://explorer.harmony.one
About Harmony One
Harmony One is a fast and secure blockchain that is scalable and energy-efficient. It uses sharding technology and a new, innovative consensus mechanism called Proof-of-Stake Voting (PoSV). Harmony is the first blockchain to use this kind of consensus, which makes it more secure and efficient than other blockchains.
Harmony was founded in 2017 by a team of experienced blockchain developers. The team's goal is to create a decentralized platform that can be used by businesses and organizations of all sizes. Their network became popular after the rise of GameFi application called DeFi Kingdoms, which had to move to Avalanche because Harmony had performance issues and could not scale their application.