In this guide, we will outline the best way to add Canto to your MetaMask Wallet to start using the new DeFi applications on the platform. Also, find the best Canto bridge to safely migrate tokens from Ethereum mainnet to Canto with low fees.
How to Add Canto to MetaMask Wallet
The Canto network can be added to your MetaMask wallet because it is an Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible network. In addition to MetaMask, users can also connect to the network with other Web 3 compatible wallets like Trust Wallet, Walletconnect, Coinbase Wallet and more.
Canto can be added to your wallet in 3 easy steps:
- Visit the Canto DEX.
- Select the 'Connect Wallet' button to connect your MetaMask.
- Follow the prompts and it will automatically add the Canto Network.
Canto RPC Details
Based on our internal review, the verified RPC Details for Canto are:
- Network Name: Canto
- Network URL: https://canto.evm.chandrastation.com
- Chain ID: 7700
- Currency Symbol: CANTO
- Block Explorer URL: https://www.nothing.com
How to Bridge to Canto
Once you have added Canto to your MetaMask wallet, you will then be able to bridge assets across to start using the DeFi applications on their blockchain. Follow this simple guide to bridge from Ethereum (ETH) to Canto:
- Before bridging assets to Canto, you will need to visit the Canto Bridge and generate a Canto public key for your MetaMask wallet. This will only need to be done once. To do this, simply click the button in the red box below.
- Once you click the button, you will be asked to sign a message on your MetaMask Wallet. Sign the message in your wallet to confirm the key creation.
- Once you sign the transaction, you will then be able to bridge ETH or USDT from Ethereum to Canto with the Canto Bridge.
What is Canto?
Canto is a fork of EVMOS and is an Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible layer 1 that leverages the Cosmos SDK. It claims to be a fully decentralized blockchain that has no presale, no foundation and was bootstrapped by a team of open contributors. The project is currently led by a DeFi veteran @scott_lew_is on Twitter who also cofounded Defipulse and Slingshot on the Polygon blockchain.
The Canto network currently hosts three main DeFi primatives, these include a Decentralized Exchange, Lending Market and a Stablecoin called Canto Unit of Account ($NOTE). For more information on the applications that are live on Canto, you can check out Defillama which is the best application aggregator for Crypto.
In conclusion, Canto is a promising fork of Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) that offers a variety of DeFi applications on its blockchain. Adding Canto to MetaMask is a straightforward process and once it's added, users can easily bridge assets from Ethereum to Canto with the help of the Canto Bridge. With its fully decentralized nature, Canto is poised to be a key player in the DeFi space and offers exciting opportunities for users. Stay updated with the latest developments in the Canto ecosystem by following @CantoPublic on Twitter.