Can I add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask?
Yes, MetaMask currently supports the Binance Smart Chain (BNB) network because it is an Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible network. This means that the Binance blockchain is built in the same programming language as Ethereum, which is called Solidity.
MetaMask currently supports all networks that are built using solidity and are EVM compatible like AVAX, Fantom, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, and many others.
How to add Binance Chain to MetaMask
To add the BNB network to your MetaMask wallet, please follow this short guide:
- Download the MetaMask browser extension.
- Go on your Metamask wallet and select the 'Add Networks' button.
- Copy and paste the verified Binance (BNB) RPC details onto this page. (You can find the verified Binance Smart Chain RPC in the paragraph below).
- Once you input these details and select 'Save' you will be connected to the Binance Network.
Binance Smart Chain (BNB) RPC Details
The information below are the verified RPC endpoints to add the Binance Smart Chain network to your MetaMask wallet.
- Network Name: Smart Chain
- New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
- ChainID: 56
- Symbol: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
About Binance Smart Chain (BSC)
Binance Smart Chain is a high-performance blockchain layer 1 protocol with a wide range of applications in the DeFi space. The native token of the Binance Smart Chain network is BNB. The Binance team has created a set of powerful tools and services to support the growth of the Binance Smart Chain ecosystem. These include:
- A DEX aggregator that provides users with liquidity from multiple exchanges in one place
- A staking portal that allows users to easily stake their BNB tokens and earn rewards
- A developer portal that provides resources and documentation for building on Binance Smart Chain
The Binance team is also working on a number of other projects to support the growth of the Binance Smart Chain ecosystem, including a cross-chain bridge that will allow users to move assets between their network and Ethereum.
The Binance Smart Chain network is a powerful platform for building DeFi and NFT applications. With MetaMask, you can easily access this blockchain, as well as all other EVM-compatible networks. Follow the instructions above to securely add the Binance Smart Chain network to your MetaMask wallet and get started with BNB Chain DeFi today.