TD Easy Trade is a new mobile trading platform by TD Ameritrade that is intended to compete with WealthSimple. This platform allows new investors in Canada to easily get access to US & Canadian equities and TD ETFs for broader exposure.
- Trading Fees: 50 Commission Free Trades then $9.99 per Trade
- Available Assets: US & Canadian Equities + TD ETFs
- Account Types: Tax-Free Savings Accounts (TFSA), Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) and Cash Account
Table of Contents
TD Easy Trade Fees
The fee structure for TD Easy Trade is one of the most competitive in the market. They offer 50 free trades to help new investors not lose money when they are learning about financial markets. After the 50 trades are completed, the fee structure is $9.99 per trade for all assets listed on the platform.
There are no monthly or quarterly management fees or subscription fees to use TD Easy Trade.
Best TD ETFs on Easy Trade
TD Easy Trade gives users access to over 30 different TD ETFs that provide broad exposures to different market segments like Banking/Financials, Technology or Commodities. The best performs TD ETFs over the past year have been:
- TD Q Canadian Dividend ETF (TQCD): 1YR = 26.55%
- TD Q Canadian Low Volatility ETF (TCLV): 1YR = 25.59%
- TD Q U.S. Low Volatility ETF (TULV): 1YR = 22.03%
- TD Canadian Equity Index ETF (TP): 1YR = 20.49%
- TD Canadian Equity Index ETF (TTP): 1YR = 20.04%
Check out the best performing list of TD ETFs here.
TD Easy Trade User Interface
The TD Easy Trade mobile app is very intuitive and is designed for new retail investors. The layout is simple and clear for users to deposit funds, buy stocks and watch/manage their investment portfolios.
The TD Easy Trade portfolio pages are sleek, easy to read and give the feeling of platform gamification.
TD Easy Trade vs Direct Investing
TD Easy Trade is the simplified retail investing experience for new market participants to learn and become comfortable with trading. The TD Easy Trade product also offers fewer available markets like Options, Bonds and some Commodities.
If you are an experienced investors looking to get access to a variety of markets, TD Direct Investing is your best best.