If you are buying Bitcoin in Australia, the most important decision you will make when investing for the first time is finding the right exchange.
With over 300 AUSTRAC licensed Bitcoin trading platforms in Australia, it can be extremely difficult to sift through the noise and find the right one. To help simplify things, we have outlined the 5 best Bitcoin exchanges.
Best Crypto Investing Platform in Australia
- Offers over 370 Cryptocurrencies for low trading fees starting at 0.1%
- Crypto Staking, NFT Marketplace, NFT Wallets and other features.
- Australia's most popular exchange with over 2.5 million users
Where to Buy Bitcoin in Australia
The best way to buy Bitcoin and Crypto is through Australia's largest and most popular crypto exchange CoinSpot. Their platform offers fast and cheap Australian Dollar (AUD) deposits via multiple deposit methods and have low trading fees starting at 0.1%.
To get started, simply follow our 4 step guide below:
- Step 1: Sign up to the CoinSpot Australia trading platform.
- Step 2: Deposit Australian Dollars (AUD) via Bank Transfer, Cash, POLi, PayID, SWIFT or BPAY. You can select any of these options on the CoinSpot Deposit dashboard.
- Step 3: Once the AUD arrives in your account, select the 'Buy/Sell' button in the Menu. Find the cryptocurrency you want to buy, for example, Bitcoin, and select 'Buy'.
- Step 4: Input the AUD amount of BTC you want to buy and execute the trade.
Best Bitcoin Exchanges in Australia
The cards below are reviews of the best Bitcoin investing and trading platforms in Australia. You can quickly compare the top 5 Australian Bitcoin exchanges to get started.
Established in 2013, CoinSpot is one of the longer running Bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchanges in Australia. CoinSpot offer Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin and over 250 different cryptocurrencies with a simple and easy to use interface for beginners to buy Bitcoin and different digital assets.
Their exchange has quickly grown to be a favoured choice among retail investors due to the large range of cryptocurrencies and their easy to use CoinSpot App.
- Over 300 Cryptocurrencies
- Low fees starting at 0.1% for Market Buys
- Clean and easy to use iOS/Android App
- Crypto Staking available
- Instant Buy fees are 1%
#2 Bybit Australia
Bybit Australia is a great cryptocurrency exchange for those looking to trade with AUD. The platform provides users with a secure and efficient trading experience, complete with advanced features such as margin trading, limit orders, and more. The user interface is straightforward and easy to navigate, making it ideal for novice traders.
Additionally, the fees are relatively low compared to other exchanges, ensuring that traders can maximize their profits. Furthermore, Bybit provides excellent customer support and has a helpful FAQ section available for users who need help navigating the platform. All in all, Bybit Australia is a reliable choice for those looking to trade digital currencies with AUD.
- Great for advanced Bitcoin traders
- Add up to 20x leverage on trades
- Best depth for perpetual futures
- Difficult for beginners
#3 eToro Australia
eToro is the largest multi-asset brokerage platform in the world. They allow traders to leverage trade Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, stocks, commodities and much more. Their platform is widely regarded for their low fees, fast fiat currency deposit and diverse selection of assets.
With eToro you can get access to real Bitcoin and Bitcoin related stocks like Microstrategy, Coinbase and Grayscale all in one platform.
- Widest variety of assets
- Sleek and easy to use app
- Cheap AUD deposits
- Spreads can get wide
Swyftx are an exchange based in Brisbane, Queensland that boasts an easy to use trading platform with a wide range of cryptocurrencies, tiny spreads, low fees and strong liquidity.
Their platform has advanced order types such as stop losses, take profits that work well across mobile and desktop. They are well in tuned with the local community in Australia and regularly add new coins as requested by their userbase.
- Over 250 cryptocurrencies
- Low instant buy fees at 0.6%
- Crypto staking for 30+ assets
- Cheap AUD deposits for Credit Card and PayPal
- User interface is cluttered